Thursday, February 9, 2012

A very patriotic Super Bowl!

For most people, the Super Bowl is about football....for me, it was about trying a new type of CakePop! Yep, you guessed it...I made Football CakePops!! They turned out pretty good, I have made some notes at the bottom about what I wish I would have done differently. Everything, everyday is a work in progress. I for one, learn best by doing, re-doing and doing some more! Check out what I came up with for this very Patriotic Super Bowl ~


Can you tell what these Cake Pops are shaping up to be?
This was actually one of the hardest parts of making them...Shaping them to be footballs without making them too skinny on the edges, too round in the middle and making sure they didn't crack

Here they are covered in Chocolate. At least these sports balls are a regular chocolate color, so I did not have to mess with food coloring and hot chocolate again.


What about the colors?
It was so much fun that the Giants and the Patriots were both Red and Blue


Here are some of the football CakePops with the "laces" on.
I used an icing recipe that I have that is supposed to harden very quickly...
It did not harden as quickly as I would have wanted and the laces were not as neat as I hoped for.


Here they are ready for the display. I used regular CakePops with white chocolate and dipped them in the Red and Blue Team Colors!


Here is a close up! The guests got more excited about these CakePops than they did about the touchdowns!


The green styrofoam was already perfect for the football theme.
I added a little patriotic ribbon around it, at there you have them!


Here is another shot of the finished product. Not bad for a first try!


The few things I was able to learn from with this project:
1 - using white chocolate for the laces would have been better than the icing.
2 - shape the CakePops into footballs from the beginning, I re-shaped round CakePops
3 - Make more than 20 for a Superbowl party...we ran out pretty quickly


  Lots of CakePop Love,
The CakePop Queen of AZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment