Monday, February 20, 2012

Super Star Niece

I have a niece who is very very talented. At the young age of 12, she is a wonderful singer and performer! She is a Diva in the making. Her birthday is in early Feb, but she lives in NY so I often do not get to spend her birthdays with her. This year, she traveled to AZ with her family for Presidents Day week and our family had a great "late" birthday with our little Super Star.

I wanted to make something Super special for this Super Star. I decided to make Microphone CakePops! Oh, man was this hard to figure out. How can I make the handle? How do I make the top look grey? How do I make it fabulous?


I got white chocolate, chocolate, mini Reese's cups, ice cream cones, marshmallows, sprinkles and of course cake! This is what I came up with....


Some of my supplies...the real question was:
 How was I going to make the handle of the Microphone CakePops?



MARSHMALLOWS!!!


Everyone loves marshmallows....
dipped in chocolate are a for sure crowd pleaser!


Next comes the CAKE!!!
Red Velvet and Chocolate are the favorites!


I used the white chocolate to "glue" the chocolate marshmallow to the cake


Not too shabby for a first try!


Ta DA!


The cake was dipped in the white chocolate and dipped in silver sprinkle gems


Up close shot of my creation!


The finishing touch is the Pink and Purple ribbon to match the letters


They were a hit!


Kids and adults alike loved them!



 I have said it before and I will say it again, I love what I do and I do what I love...but what brings me most joy is to know that I made somebody's day extra special with my sweet creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment