Thursday, February 2, 2012

A perfect little Monkey Diaper Cake

I received an order for a one layer diaper cake today. As promised, I took pictures step by step and it tuned out to be so cute! This special gift was going to a lovely woman in California for a baby shower next weekend. It is amazing what some ribbon, decorations and a stuffed animal can do to make diapers beautiful!
I always start off with a beautiful plate
(it is a bonus gift for the Mommy-to-Be)


Next Spiral 28 Diapers around 2 rolled Diapers
to form the cake. I try to make sure the edges of the diapers that are showing are even.


Today, I chose a beautiful orange ribbon and decided to add
the perfect finishing touch of a sparkly gold ribbon.


Tying the gold ribbon into a bow creates an elegant look


Add the sweet Monkey stuffed Animal and a beautiful flower


* VOILA *



 There you go...a sweet and unique present! These little cakes are also great for centerpieces and decorations. I recently made a larger "Jungle Fun" themed cake that the mom-to-be decided to keep together and use it to decorate the baby room! It warms my hear to know the mommies love these gifts!

Lots of Love,
AZ BabyCakes Baker!

No comments:

Post a Comment